Aurora boy hospitalized after taking the “blackout challenge” has died.

A 12-year-old Aurora boy who was hospitalized after participating in the “blackout challenge” — which he found on social media — has died.

Joshua Haileyesus, who was admitted to Children’s Hospital on March 22, was taken off of life support after 19 days, according to his team fundraising GoFundMe page.

“Joshua has gone off to be with the Lord,” the paged said. “To everyone who has prayed relentlessly and shared our burden during this trying time, we thank you. Your prayers and your love have comforted us and we are grateful for your support.”

The boy, who was found passed out on a bathroom floor by his twin brother, had dreams of joining the Army and becoming a first responder, according to his family.

The challenge, which dares participants to choke themselves until they lose consciousness, is also known as the “Passout Challenge” among other names. It has recently been “gaining traction on TikTok,” the family’s account said late last month.

The Aurora Police Department’s Crimes Against Children Unit is investigating the incident.

Source: Read Full Article