A Scots dad was left horrified after he discovered what appeared to be a fingernail inside a bag of Haribo sweets.
Craig Ryan was visiting Glasgow on Saturday afternoon along with his partner Chloe McKean and daughter Charley, three.
The dad-of-one’s daughter was keen on a sweet treat after a few hours of exploring the city centre.
All three of them had their eyes on a bag of Haribo’s Eggs Galore when they visited a Poundland branch on Argyle Street.
But, the family's day out took a gross turn when Craig opened the bag of sweets.
Bloke puts Wetherspoons table number on Facebook and chaos ensues
Robot waitress in hijab delivers burgers to fast-food diners in futuristic clip
He found the ‘disgusting’ foreign object inside one of the sweets as he rifled through the bag of the jellied sweets when they returned home.
The dad told The Daily Record: “We were completely shocked that something like that would make its way in there.
“The nail was lodged almost entirely inside, so you can clearly tell that it has been like that before we opened the bag.
“Luckily I was able to notice it before Charley did – not only is it disgusting but she could have easily choked if she stalled it.”
Today's Top Stories
Craig then took to Facebook to slam the company over the unwanted discovery.
A Haribo spokesman said: "We take all complaints very seriously.
Mum's clever hack slices cheese perfectly thin using potato peeler
"The safety and quality of our products is always our top priority and our focus now is on investigating this matter.
“We are in the process of contacting the complaint to extend our apologies for this incident and to request that both the product and packaging are returned to us so that we can review this quickly and efficiently.”
Source: Read Full Article