Chef dies of third degree burns after falling into large vat of chicken soup

A chef fell into a giant vat of chicken soup and died after he suffered third degree burns.

Issa Ismail's fall into the boiling hot liquid left him with horrific injuries across 70% of his body, it has been reported.

The 25-year-old died of his injuries five days after the incident.

He was making chicken soup for a wedding party in Iraq's northern district of Zakho, when he slipped and fell into the tub.

The father-of-three was preparing food at the Hazel Hall for Weddings and Events when the accident happened on June 15.

The United Arab Emirates News reported that Ismail had been a cook for about eight years.

He was taken to a hospital in the nearby city of Dohuk for treatment but after battling severe burn injuries for several days he succumbed to his wounds.

His death on June 21 has led to an outpouring of grief on social media when news of the accident spread.

Zervan Hosni, a relative, was quoted in the local media as saying: “The deceased… cooked food at wedding parties, mourning boards and various ceremonies, and for two years he has been working in two-party halls for 25,000 dinars per day.”

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

His earnings, 25,000 dinars, is roughly equivalent to just over £12 per day.

The Rudaw Media Network, quoted Zervan as saying that Ismail had three children and the youngest was just six months old.

Gulf News reported that the news of Ismail’s tragic death also led to commentators urging that safety and preventive measures inside restaurants and kitchens be upgraded.

Mourners also emphasised the need for increased enforcement of safety precautions in commercial kitchens, the news organisation added.

Source: Read Full Article