Dog owner warning as meat laced with nails and hooks left on street

Dog owners have been issued a warning after pieces of ham laced with nails and metal hooks were left on a street.

The potential lethal discovery was was made on Edward Street in Denton, near Manchester, on Wednesday afternoon, reports the Manchester Evening News.

Andy Rossy was out walking his dog George when he started sniffing at something that he says "didn't look right" before picking it up in his mouth.

Rossy commanded that George drop it, which he did, and was horrified to see what fell to the ground.

He said: "I was just walking my dog along Edward Street and noticed he was sniffing something that didn't look right.

  • Keane Mulready-Woods murder: Two men arrested over teen's dismemberment

  • Heartbroken dog ‘looks into heaven’ after whole family killed by rugby player dad

"When I got closer to George he had put the meat in his mouth and I shouted at him to let go.

"When he did I noticed there was nails and hooks on it – luckily enough he had not swallowed it."

Picking up all the pieces of ham he could find Andy took pictures of them and shared them on social media to warn other pet owners.

He wrote: "Please beware if your walking your dog around Edward Street in Denton, some idiots are putting nails and hooks in slices of meat for your dogs to eat.

  • Meghan Markle 'worked the least number of days in Royal Family' last year

  • Sleeping teen hit by brick as thugs go on rampage and smash up cars outside home

"I've just found these whilst walking my dog. Please be careful folks."

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police confirmed they were aware of the incident.

Meanwhile, an animal shelter released shocking images of five starving and tick-infested dogs that were left to fester inside a cave.

The heartbreaking pictures taken show several sandy-brown coloured dogs with their fur and the insides of their ears riddled with bloated ticks on the Brit tourist destination of Tenerife.

They are still being treated at the shelter and vets expect them to be back to full health in around three months when they will be able to go up for adoption.

Source: Read Full Article