A dad has hit out at his landlord claiming new spores are growing on his toddlers' bedding nearly every week.
Christopher Denn, 31, said his family home's mould and damp problems were reported in October last year.
He told GloucestershireLive that he and his pregnant partner are constantly having to throw out clothes and possessions as a result.
Their landlords say they are "taking active steps to address the true cause of damp and mould".
Christopher, of Tewkesbury, said: “The boys are only one and two years old and we can not do anything with their bedroom to stop the mould spreading and ruining the bedding.
“We have two sons in our two bedroom top floor flat and as much as the eldest has now been diagnosed with asthma, he has an inhaler for his breathing.
“In the kitchen, the wall is covered in black mould. I am autistic and have severe OCD and it is not somewhere you want to be able to prepare food for the family.
"We have had to bag up and throw away our clothes. The smell of mould is on them and mould has destroyed our clothing.
“One of the boy’s car seat was against the wall for a couple of days and mould spores were growing on it so we had to throw that away too.”
Hostile crows dubbed 'Ronnie and Reggie' after Kray twins torment homeowners on street
His partner and mother of the two boys Kayliegh Williams, 28 suffers from anxiety and is currently 13 weeks pregnant with their third child.
Christopher added: “We were told to move our eldest's bed away from the wall but there is nowhere to put it. We just do not know what to do.
“My partner is pregnant and we know we can not buy anything for the baby as it will be affected by mould. We are devastated we cannot set up the home ready for our third child.
Family stuck in mouldy 'slum' estate with 'mice nests in kitchen and slugs in bath'
“I have asked for a suitability survey to be carried out on the property as I do not feel it is what we should have been given. We just keep going back and forth. There is a health and safety aspect of it.
“Our child can not explore the home like a toddler should because of the mould on the skirting boards and around his room. It is not pleasant living here and not good for our family.”
Charlie Jackson, associate director of localities at the housing provider, Bromford, said: “We are aware of the case at Priors Park and are working closely with the customer to address the issues they have raised.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
“A survey is being carried out at the property and we are taking active steps to address the true cause of damp and mould.
“We will continue to be in touch with the customer to keep them up to date and resolve the problems.
“We are committed to tackling damp and mould problems in our customers’ homes to prevent these kinds of situations happening in the future.”
Source: Read Full Article