The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
An Australian family were shocked to find an alive pale headed snake hidden in a lettuce they bought at Aldi.
Lesley Kuhn, from Melourne, posted a warning on Facebook for other families to check their veggies after finding the slithery hitch-hiker.
She wrote: "Check packaged lettuces carefully. Last night my son found a baby pale headed snake in with his baby cos lettuce from Aldi."
The mum confirmed to commenters that the snake was still alive when it was discovered.
Although only the young, the pale headed snake is described as a 'potentially dangerous species' and a bite from the venomous creature can be 'serious', according to Queensland Museum.
Commenting on the mum's post, one person said: "Like I needed another reason to loathe salad."
Another said: "Creating a fear of vegetables."
Aldi is investigating how the serpent ended up on the lettuce.
A spokesperson told news.com.au: "We've worked with the customer and the team at WIRES to identify the snake's natural habitat, which is certainly not an Aldi store.
"We thank WIRES for their support on this. We are working closely with our produce supplier to investigate how this incident could have possibly occurred."
The family didn't confirm what they did with the vegetable, but it is hoped they threw it away.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
The family aren't the first Aussies to be shaken by unexpected visitors in their grocery shop.
Last year, a man named Michael Hilliard, from Bunya, Queensland, was greeted by a deadly brown snake as he was doing the dishes.
The reptile which was identified as an eastern brown snake is considered the second-most venomous land snake in the world and is responsible for more than half of snakebite deaths in Australia.
Source: Read Full Article