A royal expert has claimed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not be stripped of their titles as the Royal Family do not want to provoke them by "throwing more grenades".
When the couple stepped down as working royals in 2020, they were told they could no longer be referred to as "Royal Highnesses".
But the Queen stopped short of ridding them of their Duke and Duchess of Sussex status.
READ MORE: Piers Morgan wants showdown with 'deluded' Prince Harry so all can 'move on'
It remains a hotly-debated topic since King Charles' ascension to the throne following his mother's death in September and the publishing of Harry's book Spare earlier this month.
In his memoir, the Duke openly criticises members of his family and the Isle of Wight Tory MP Bob Seely is even pushing for a Private Members Bill to vote on whether the Los Angeles-based couple should hold on to their titles.
Royal expert Jonathan Sacerdoti, however, has told American magazine Us Weekly that he does not think that is an option for Charles and the rest of the Royal Family if further turmoil is to be avoided.
Sacerdoti, who is the Jewish Chronicle's Special Correspondent and a regular commentator both sides of the Atlantic on royal affairs, said: "The sense I get is that this is not something they want to do.
"I think they’re trying to calm things, not trying to throw more grenades – [they’re] not trying to provoke any more than they’re being provoked.
"Trying to remove their titles by the king would be seen as perhaps an aggressive move, or at least Harry and Meghan could dress it up that way. I think perhaps they’re trying to spare us all of that misery as well.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
"It’s just not necessarily on their agenda. They want to get on with doing the job of the Royal Family and try and avoid that."
On Seely's proposal, Sacerdoti added: "He’s pressing ahead with his attempt to pass legislation that would allow Harry and Meghan to be downgraded as royals.
"It’s aimed at dealing with what he called 'bad royals' to give support to the monarchy. He’s clear that this is in no way designed to embarrass the King or the Royal Family on his part."
Prior to Spare hitting the shelves on January 10, in an interview with Anderson Cooper, Harry was asked by the US broadcast journalist why he and Meghan had not renounced their titles, with the Duke replying: "And what difference would that make?"
Kate Middleton and Prince William 'joke about knobbly veg' on surprise foodbank visit
King Charles takes legal battle to Elon Musk and Twitter over 'unpaid rent'
'Harry & Meghan' director claims Palace tried to 'discredit' their Netflix Series
Prince Harry's new Netflix show might be 'way out of reputational slump', says expert
Kate Middleton in plea 'to build better relationships' weeks after Harry's brutal memoir
Source: Read Full Article