Meghan Markle will once again join her husband Prince Harry at this year's Invictus Games in the couple's first joint public appearance since their "near catastrophic car chase".
On Wednesday, July 2, it was announced that both the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be in attendance at the event in Düsseldorf, Germany in September.
The eyes of the world will be on the games next month as it marks the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's first appearance together in public for a number of months.
READ MORE: Meghan Markle will 'brand herself away from Harry' after 'avalanche of poor decisions'
It follows a "near catastrophic" car chase after a "relentless pursuit" by paparazzi lasting more than two hours back in May.
"This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD (New York Police Department) officers," their spokesperson said at the time.
"While being a public figure comes with a level of interest from the public, it should never come at the cost of anyone's safety.
"Dissemination of these images, given the ways in which they were obtained, encourages a highly intrusive practice that is dangerous to all in involved."
A source close to the Sussexes told royal biographer Omid Scobie the couple and Doria were all "understandably shaken but thankful everyone's safe".
Ukrainian beautician turned sniper who kills Russians who call her 'punisher'
And after all the drama it has been announced that Meghan will be closing out the two-week Invictus Games in Düsseldorf and will address the crowd with a "very emotional" a closing speech with Harry.
Last year, the couple visited the city for an official launch event for the contest. While there, they met with a number of officials and potential competitors, as well as members of the athletes' friends and family.
It's thought Harry is now planning to film a series surrounding the contest for Netflix. Speaking to Entertainment Tonight last month, a Netflix spokesperson said: "Our exciting journey with them [Harry and Meghan] isn't ending anytime soon.
"We're currently collaborating on numerous projects, including the much-anticipated documentary series Heart of Invictus."
For the latest stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article