Kids’ football coach denies racist Marcus Rashford tweet – claims he was hacked

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A children's football coach has denied sending a racist tweet to Marcus Rashford – insisting that his account was hacked when it was sent.

Nick Scott, 50, says he would never "tweet something like that" after a statement on his account called for Marcus Rashford's MBE "to be burnt".

Several England footballers, including Rashford, Bukayo Saka and Jadon Sancho, have been targeted by racists messages online after the Three Lions' lost the Euro 2020 final to Italy on pentalties on Sunday night.

But dad-of-two Mr Scott, from Powick, Worcestershire, denies tweeting: "@MarcusRashford that MBE needs burning ya fake. Pack them bags and get to ya own country."

The vile tweet was posted on Mr Scott's Twitter page minutes after the Manchester United striker missed a crucial penalty during the agonising loss.

Mr Scott later said: "I've had to delete my account this morning because I was hacked.

"I would never tweet anything like that. I'm just a football fan."

The Wolves fan told Sun Online: "I didn't send it mate – I've been hacked. I didn't post it.

"The first I learned about it was this morning when I woke up. I'm seeing my solicitor in the morning. I don't know who hacked me."

Asked who was responsible for a homophobic tweet from August, 2020 in which Scott's account suggested a "fat d***" should coach the England women's team, Scott replied: "Mate – my Twitter has been hacked. Simple."

Another tweet from his account at 12.43am on Thursday, July 13 said: "I need to apologise Marcus Rashford but I'm still very angry. but not with you."

A Wolves spokesman tweeted that they had been alerted to "a racist tweet sent by a Wolves 'fan' last night" and had reported it to police.

  • Kate Middleton and Prince William 'disagreed' over George's Euro 2020 outfit

Rashford, a Man United star, said he was on "the verge of tears" after support for him flooded in.

West Mercia Police are investigating the racist tweet.

A force spokesman said: "We can confirm that we are aware of a racist comment made by an individual on social media, directed towards a professional footballer.

"Screenshots have been passed to officers who are currently investigating the incident to establish who this individual is.

  • 'Heartbroken' England fan scammed out of thousands for Euro 2020 final tickets

"Comments like this have absolutely no place in society. As a force we take a hard stand against any sort of discrimination and this includes online abuse."

The FA statement said: "The FA strongly condemns all forms of discrimination and is appalled by the online racism that has been aimed at some of our England players on social media.

"We could not be clearer that anyone behind such disgusting behaviour is not welcome in following the team. We will do all we can to support the players affected while urging the toughest punishments possible for anyone responsible."

It comes after England defender Tyrone Mings slammed Home Secretary Priti Patel after she condemned the racist abuse directed towards members of the squad, claiming she "stoked the fire".

The Conservative Party MP took to Twitter on Monday to condemn the culprits, writing: "I am disgusted that @England players who have given so much for our country this summer have been subject to vile racist abuse on social media.

"It has no place in our country and I back the police to hold those responsible accountable."

But in reply, Mings wrote: "You don’t get to stoke the fire at the beginning of the tournament by labelling our anti-racism message as ‘Gesture Politics’ & then pretend to be disgusted when the very thing we’re campaigning against, happens."

  • Harry Maguire
  • Marcus Rashford
  • Conservative Party
  • Euro 2020
  • England Football Team

Source: Read Full Article