Prince William has been cruelly attacked by fans of his brother Harry and Meghan Markle who believe he has not "stuck up" for the couple following his decision to take part in the social media boycott.
The Duke of Cambridge joined a football social media boycott last weekend in a stand made by many in the sporting world against vile racist abuse players online.
HeirPod host and ABC royal contributor Omid Scobie claimed people were “questioning” why he has not come out and defended his brother’s treatment online as well.
He told HeirPod: "Some people have been commenting online, questioning why the Duke of Cambridge had been silent when Harry and Meghan faced their own issues online.
"We will never know the answer to this, but it's something that will keep coming up as long as William talks about this."
But ABC News producer Zoe Magee hit back at the claims, pointing out Kensington Palace did run a social media investigation.
"I will say that there was an investigation by Kensington Palace a few years ago,” she said.
"They worked with the social media companies because there had been so much abuse of the Duchess of Sussex and the Duchess of Cambridge and pitting those two women against each other.
"Some of the comments were horrendous. So he is probably feeling protective of his wife as well."
And Buckingham Palace also issued a statement in March on behalf of the Royal Family promising to investigate the Sussexes' allegations in their Oprah Winfrey interview.
A four-day social media boycott began last Friday (April 30) for many involved in football from clubs and players to celebrities.
Omid said: "This was led by some of the biggest football players in the world all taking a stand against online abuse.
"It will be interesting to see if he (William) continues with this work."
Magee added: "I think he will. It is a subject that his brother and sister-in-law feel very passionate about and have been doing a lot of campaigning on as well."
Source: Read Full Article