Storm Dennis is expected to bring further heavy rain for a time on Sunday morning, increasing the likelihood of high impacts. The warning is in place from 6.10am today until 11am later this morning.
The Met Office said: “Prolonged, heavy rain will continue until mid-morning, easing slowly into the middle of the day.
“This rain will bring event totals to between 100 and 140mm over higher ground in south Wales.”
What to expect
- Danger to life from fast flowing or deep floodwater
- Extensive flooding to homes and businesses is likely
- Collapsed or damaged buildings or bridges
- Road closures and bus and train service delays and cancellations
- Dangerous driving conditions because of spray and flooded roads
- Loss of power and other essential services, such as gas, water, mobile phone service
- Communities could be completely cut off by floodwater, perhaps for several days
Where is the red warning in place?
- Blaenau Gwent
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
Source: Read Full Article