A mum says she watched her toddler turn a "funny colour" after eating a piece of chicken from Morrisons.
Steph Lunt, 29, from St Helens has shared the "terrifying" moment her two-year-old son began choking on a cut up bit of meat.
The family were eating dinner together when the mum-of-three clocked something was not right with little Larry.
Since Steph reported the scare, Morrisons has launched an investigation into her suspicion that a bone was inside the diced chicken which Larry choked on.
Steph told the Liverpool Echo: “It was terrifying. We were all sitting eating our food last night and I noticed something wasn't right with Larry.
“I put my food down and went to see what was up and then I realised that he was choking. I knew I had cut his food up small, so I didn’t know what he could be choking on.
“He was going a funny colour and he couldn't speak or anything. I started panicking as I was on my own with Larry and my two other children. The time just seemed so much longer.”
She added: “When your child is choking, seconds feel like hours. You have visions of horrible things.”
Thankfully, Steph managed to remove the chicken piece from her son's throat but realised it was cut.
Group fundraising to send 'bag of d***s to MP' for 'unsolicited text messages'
After contacting Morrisons the next day, Steph said she was disappointed by the supermarket's response.
She said: “They basically said there is nothing we can do, all we can do is apologise and asked if I want a £10 voucher?
“What’s that going to do? I don’t want a shopping voucher."
For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here
She added: “Choking is one of my worst fears. It’s just scary thinking what could have happened to him.”
A spokesperson for Morrisons confirmed they are currently investigating the incident.
They told the Daily Star: "This was clearly a terrifying experience for the customer and we're sorry that she was disappointed with the service she received when she called Morrisons.
"We take all reports of a foreign body incredibly seriously and have since carried out a thorough investigation with our supplier."
Source: Read Full Article