Murder suspect Myles Sanderson accused of killing 10 in stabbing frenzy is dead

A man suspected of murder after 10 people were stabbed to death on Sunday in and around a Canadian indigenous tribal reserve is being reported as having died from self-inflicted injuries.

Myles Sanderson's death has been reported by Canada's Global News after it had earlier been announced on Wednesday (September 7) that he was in police custody following a four-day man-hunt for him.

The suspect was wanted for the horrific stabbing spree that left 10 people dead and 18 others injured in Saskatchewan.

READ MORE: Canada stabbing suspect Myles Sanderson captured after 10 stabbed to death

News of his capture and arrest was revealed in a post on the Saskatchewan Royal Canadian Mounted Police's Twitter account.

An alert also said: "There is no longer a risk to public safety relating to this investigation."

Sanderson was facing multiple charges, including first-degree murder.

His brother Damien, 31, was found dead by police on Monday at the James Smith Cree Nation, a close-knit indigenous community in central Saskatchewan.

The shocking attacks were among the deadliest in Canada's modern history with victims including a mother of two, a 77-year-old widower, a first responder and a 14-year-old boy.

Investigators believe some of the victims were "targeted" while others were "attacked randomly", RCMP Commanding Officer Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore said earlier this week.

The Saskatchewan RCMP got its first call about a stabbing on Sunday (September 4).

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Within minutes, police received several more calls from multiple locations.

In total, victims were found at 13 different locations across the populated reserve and in the town, according to Blackmore.

At an emotional news conference on Wednesday (September 7), relatives of the victims spoke of the "horror" of the attack that has stunned the country.

"We are broken but we're not defeated," said Mark Arcand, chief of the Saskatoon Tribal Council.

Parole documents show Sanderson had a decades-long criminal record, including 59 criminal convictions since he was 18, including assault, threats and robbery.

Police earlier confirmed they've been searching for Sanderson since May, when he stopped meeting with his assigned caseworker and was classified as "unlawfully at large".

READ NEXT:

  • Girlfriend of rapper stabbed to death at Notting Hill Carnival shares pic of baby bump

  • Tyson Fury’s cousin arrives at funeral by horse-drawn carriage days after fatal stabbing

  • Mum-of-four 'chopped partner's penis off' before 'killing him and his pal'

Source: Read Full Article