N.S. chief medical officer says province is preparing for COVID-19 outbreak

As of Wednesday there have been 12 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Canada. Seven in British Columbia and five in Ontario.

The rest of the country has so far avoided the virus which continues to spread around the world, but that could easily change.

“Whether we can truly contain it or not, we’re still trying to work on that,” said Dr. Robert Strang, chief medical officer of health for Nova Scotia.

“But that becomes less and less of a likelihood.”

Already six people have been tested in Nova Scotia for the virus after travel and symptoms prompted concern, however all tests have come back negative.

But the CDC in the USA is warning of the likelihood of a widespread outbreak there, and Strang says the same thing could happen here in the province.

Source: Read Full Article