Philip transferred to different hospital for infection fight, Palace confirms

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Prince Philip has been transferred by ambulance to another hospital for treatment and testing and observation for a "pre-existing heart condition," Buckingham Palace confirmed.

The Duke of Edinburgh was moved from King Edward VII Hospital in Central London to St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Monday March 1.

Buckingham Palace said the Queen’s husband had been transferred after photographs of a shielded patient leaving the hospital emerged online.

In a statement, the Palace said Philip, 99, had been moved for "treatment for an infection and testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition."

Philip has spent two weeks being treated for an infection – his longest-ever hospital stay. In June 2013, he spent 11 days in hospital after surgery on his abdomen.

This is a breaking news story and is constantly being updated.
Please refresh the page regularly to get the latest updates.
Reporters working on dailystar.co.uk will be working to source the latest information, reaction, pictures and video related to this story.
You can also follow us on Twitter @DailyStar to get the latest news updates 24 hours a day.
Or download the Daily Star app for flash alerts on the biggest stories of the day.
Why not also subscribe to receive our regular Daily Star news bulletins? You can do this on this page by simply entering your email address above and hitting 'subscribe'.

  • Prince Philip

Source: Read Full Article