Police officers having sex in squad car on duty ignored calls to hospital

Two cops ignored call-outs to a hospital and burglary to have sex in their police car while on duty, a disciplinary panel heard.

The affair between Sgt Molly Edwards and PC Richard Patton was exposed after suspicious bosses bugged the vehicle.

Then panel had that the pair, both married with kids, had ignored a 4.17am call to attend a hospital to deal with two victims of a serious assault at a nightclub, The Sun reports.

They were parked up 15 minutes having sex, an independent disciplinary board heard.

Paton, 39, was heard moaning "aww, let's just get naked," after an urgent 4.51am radio call for assistance at an electrical store burglary.

Both officers resigned from Surrey Police before last month's tribunal, which went ahead in their absence.

Panel chair John Bassett said in an adjudication report: "It is evident from the transcripts of what occurred after the call that sexual activity continued."

The report said the sexual activity "clearly involved the removal of some of their clothing, kissing," as well as the exposure of her breasts and him pleasuring her.

  • Prince Harry 'not at same level' as Meghan Markle in 'very woke' Time cover, expert says

Secret recordings taken from inside the patrol car captured "verbal expressions of sexual fantasies" by the two officers, who were based in the Surrey Heath area.

The panel found four allegations of gross misconduct were proven and said both would have been sacked if still in the job.

On the first count, the pair were alleged to have "engaged in sexual activity whilst on duty in a police vehicle in a public space" between June and September 2019.

  • Prince Philip's six words that Harry will never forget after his tour in Afghanistan

Edwards and Paton both denied having full intercourse.

She insisted sexual activity only took place over two days while the car was bugged.

Before resigning she said: "It wasn't always sexual in that sometimes it could be just holding hands.

"I enjoyed the time we had together, but became aware what we were doing was wrong and would say to him we should put a stop to it."

  • Queen's moving gesture for royal piper's family when his wife was diagnosed with cancer

The panel concluded there was not evidence to prove the affair had gone on for three months but ruled it started at least three weeks beforehand.

A second charge referred to them failing to attend calls-outs at Frimley Park Hospital and Currys in Woking.

Edwards claimed they could not attend the hospital as they had dealt with the nightclub assaults earlier and there was a risk of evidence being contaminated.

  • UK Weather: Met Office forecast glorious 21C heat after Brits lashed in severe storms

But the panel ruled they did not want sex to be interrupted.

Edwards and Paton were thirdly accused of misleading their boss over rumours of the affair and PC Paton was heard making a racist comment about an Asian colleague.

Surrey Police said both officers breached Standards of Professional Behaviour in respect of discreditable conduct, honesty and integrity.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article