Queen told to rethink Jubilee balcony snub as ‘royals secretly want Harry back’

The Queen has been told by a royal expert to rethink her ban on Prince Harry appearing on the balcony at Buckingham Palace for the Platinum Jubilee.

It comes after Her Majesty made the controversial decision to only allow working members of the Royal Family to join her in the iconic moment to celebrate her 70 years on the throne

But Tina Brown, author of The Diana Chronicles, a biography of Diana, Princess of Wales, says she believes there is a "desire" from them to see the Duke of Sussex back alongside the Royal Family after two years of public attacks.

Ms Brown said: "He [Harry] does have this habit of rattling them [The Royal Family] but at the same time, there is a desire to have Harry back.

"I believe deep down, I think they need him actually."

She added that having Harry on the balcony "would be a positive thing" as they were "still a family" despite all that had been said and Harry still has a "great deal to offer" The Firm.

Harry along with his wife Meghan Markle are expected to attend other Jubilee events when they return to the UK next month with their children for the four-day celebration, such as the National Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral on June 3.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

However, some sources claim the Sussexes told the Queen that they never wanted to be on the balcony at the Palace as it would give the 'wrong message'.

Biographer and pal Omid Scobie, author of Finding Freedom, denied they were “cut” from the balcony line-up and Trooping the Colour.

Writing for Yahoo news, Mr Scobie said Harry had “spoken with his grandmother about the possibility of not attending Trooping the Colour long before last week’s announcements”.

The Sussexes thought it “inappropriate” to appear at the “balcony moment” as they were no longer working royals, he added.

Source: Read Full Article