The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
The newly-widowed Queen won't be left to "walk alone" following her husband's death, royal sources say.
Prince Philip died at Windsor Castle on Friday morning at the age of 99.
He and his wife had been married for an incredible 73 years.
As she prepares to face life without the Duke by her side, senior royals are coming together to make sure Her Majesty is accompanied by another member of the Royal Family in future engagements, the Mirror reports.
The Queen and her family are currently observing two weeks of Royal Mourning where they will only carry out engagements if appropriate.
The Daily Mail reports that senior royals are coming together to make sure the monarch has family for company on future engagements once the mourning period has ended.
Those who will be at her side are reported to include the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne.
Sources were reported to have said that once the official mourning period ends on April 22 the Queen will fulfil as many commitments as possible.
One source said: "The Duke of Edinburgh is irreplaceable and the Queen's dedication to duty is undiminished.
"But senior officials and members of the family have long had an eye on ensuring she is more supported in the future and it seems sensible to start employing this now."
Another added: "If one parent dies the children – and in this case, grandchildren – all step up and fill in in different ways."
The paper also reported that sources said they was a long term plan, looking towards the 2022 Platinum Jubilee and beyond, ensuring the Queen has a member of her family on major public outings.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Buckingham Palace was said to have declined to comment.
In the wake of Prince Philip's death tributes flooded in from around the world, including from Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, Irish Premier Micheál Martin, the Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte, and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
European royal families remembered Philip as a "great friend" who "never ceased to leave an unforgettable impression", with King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden hailing the duke as "an inspiration to us all".
Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury, said Philip was an "outstanding example of Christian service".
He added that he was "always struck by his obvious joy at life, his enquiring mind and his ability to communicate to people from every background and walk of life".
The Queen was said to have described her loss as having left 'a huge void in her life.'
- Prince Philip
- Royal Family
Source: Read Full Article