As the number of presumptive and confirmed COVID-19 cases in Saskatchewan reached 26, Premier Scott Moe announced a new financial support plan to help employers and employees in the province impacted by COVID-19.
The plan includes a self-isolation support program that will provide residents, who are not covered by recently announced federally employment insurance programs, with $450 a week for a maximum of two weeks.
The program is expected to cost $10 million. Here are the criteria for eligibility:
- They have contracted COVID-19 or are showing symptoms;
- They have been in contact with an individual infected with COVID-19;
- They have recently returned from international travel and have been required to self-isolate;
- They are not eligible for compensation including sick leave, vacation leave from their employer
- They do not have private insurance covering such disruptions
- They are not covered by other programs such as federal employment insurance that has been updated.
Source: Read Full Article