The Daily Star and Blue Cross are on a mission to find 12 doggie calendar stars for our Star Paws 2021 charity calendar.
Is your dog the UK’s best old timer? The sleepiest dog in Britain? Or has your pup’s love got you through lockdown?
To enter, simply upload a picture using the form below and tell us a bit about your dog and they could become one of the 12 stars of the calendar.
And it’s not just the fame of being a calendar star that’s on offer. Our 12 stars will win doggie welcome packs full of treats, toys courtesy of Blue Cross, plus a £10 voucher for Dapperpets.co.uk and a Pet Safe Kibble Chase™ Roaming Treat Dispenser, plus there's a grand prize up for grabs of an Away Resorts holiday for up to four people and two dogs.
Our panel will shortlist the best pictures, which will be put to a public vote on Dailystar.co.uk in the coming weeks.
The calendar will be available for sale on our website shortly after the winners are announced, with all the profits going to Blue Cross animal charity.
You can donate to the Blue Cross at bluecross.org.uk/dailystar. By donating to Blue Cross, you can transform the lives of pets in the UK by helping to provide life-saving operations, paying for their food or finding loving new homes. Any amount you can give will help change the lives of thousands of pets across the UK.
So what are you waiting for? Enter now and we'll be in touch if you've been successful!
Star Paws Terms and Conditions
By submitting your photograph and entering the “Star Paws” competition in association with the Blue Cross (“Blue Cross”) and the Daily Star a publication owned by Reach Shared Services Limited (“Reach”) you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The opening date of this competition shall be 30th September 2020. The last date for entry of the competition shall be the 18.00 on 14th October 2020 and no entries shall be accepted after this date.
2. By submitting your photograph you will be entered into a competition for a chance to be either:
a. The winner of the grand prize as determined by public voting from the shortlist (selected by a panel) which includes: your dog to be the cover / December star of the Daily Star’s Dog calendar; a 3 night stay (on a weekend) or a 4 night stay (during midweek) at select Away Resorts locations, subject to availability; 1 x Blue Cross doggie pack featuring a selection of dog treats and toys; a £10 voucher for Dapperpets.co.uk; and 1 x Pet Safe Kibble Chase™ Roaming Treat Dispenser.
b. One of 11 other runner up winners as determined by public voting from the shortlist who will each receive: 1 x Blue Cross doggie pack featuring a selection of dog treats and toys via post; 1 x £10 e-voucher for Dapperpets.co.uk via email; 1 x Pet Safe Kibble Chase™ Roaming Treat Dispenser; and the picture of their dog featured in The Daily Star’s Dog calendar on a page featuring one month between January-November.
3. The following conditions apply to the Away Resorts prize:
a. The Away Resorts prize is for accommodation for up to 4 people and 2 dogs.
b. The winner may choose from one of 5 self-catered Away Resorts locations: Barmouth Bay in North Wales; Mersea Island in Essex; Sandy Balls in the New Forest; Tattershall Lakes in Lincolnshire; or Whitecliff Bay on the Isle of Wight.
c. The winner will have the choice between a 3 night stay (on a weekend) or a 4 night stay (during midweek), subject to availability.
d. The Away Resorts accommodation may only be booked for off-peak periods.
e. The accommodation could be either a caravan or lodge depending on park of choice.
f. The Away Resorts prize has to be taken before 31st December 2021 and any bookings after this date by the winner will not be accepted.
g. Travel to a chosen Away Resort is not included in the prize.
h. Meals at a chosen Away Resort is not included in the prize.
i. The winner and their guests will at all times adhere to the terms and conditions of their chosen Away Resort during their stay.
4. To participate in this competition, entrants need to upload a photograph of their pet dog and enter their name and email address on the entry form. The successful entrants’ contact details and email address will be collected to fulfil the prize.
5. Before submitting a photograph all entrants must confirm they are either the owner of the dog or if they are not the dog owner, then ensure that the dog’s owner has provided consent to submit the photograph of the dog together with the dog’s name to be published in the paper.
6. Photographs containing images of adults, children, dog owner or otherwise, or non-canine pets will not be accepted and will not be published or considered for shortlisting.
7. Before submitting a photograph all entrants must confirm they are either the owner of the dog or if they are not the dog owner, then ensure that the dog’s owner has provided consent to submit the photograph of the dog together with the dog’s name to be published in the paper.
8. Reach will not be held responsible for:
a. The quality of photographic print in the newspaper or any misspellings of entrants’ names as given; or
b. Non-featured photos as all photographs must be suitable for publication. Any unsuitable photograph will result in the entry being withdrawn from the competition.
9. Reach will use the information provided to us by entrants within the entry form in order to contact the winning entrants.
10. The last date for entry of the competition shall be the 18.00 on 14th October 2020 and no entries shall be accepted after this date.
11. The winners shall be chosen as follows:
a. A shortlist of 20 entrants shall be chosen by a panel of Daily Star and Blue Cross representatives. The panel’s shortlisting decision is final and negotiations will not be entered into.
b. From the shortlist published, one winner of the grand prize and 11 runner up winners will be voted on by readers of the Daily Star. This vote will run from the 22nd October 2020 until the 28th October 2020.
12. All winners will be contacted by email within 28 days of the vote results to arrange delivery of their respective prize. Winners will need to provide their address. This information will be used for prize fulfilment purposes only.
13. The entrants including the winners and those dogs who appear in a submitted photograph may be included in publicity material and by entering into this competition, entrants (including the winner) agree to their name, their image, the images of their dog and their submitted photograph (the “Materials”) being used for publicity purposes. Entrants agree to grant the Daily Star and Reach a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any Materials contained in the entry worldwide and/or to incorporate the Materials in other works in any media now developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in the Materials.
14. The Prize is non-transferable and the winner is not entitled to a cash alternative.
15. Entrants must be resident in the UK and must be 18 or over.
16. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the contact details and email address they provide upon entry are valid and correct.
17. Each entrant may only enter this prize draw once.
18. Blue Cross and Reach employees are excluded from participation in this competition.
19. If a winner:
a. fails to provide an address/valid email address for delivery of the prize within one 28 days of notification of their win or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements;
b. fails to secure the consent of dog owners whose dog appears in the photograph;
c. has entered the competition more than once; or
d. has used multiple email addresses to enter the competition, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Reach reserve the right to disqualify the winner (without further liability to the winner) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
20. All personal information will be used in accordance with Reach’ privacy notice which can be found here: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/privacy-notice/
21. These rules should be read in conjunction with the following rules, dailystar.co.uk/rules.
Source: Read Full Article