Tragic teen dies after accidental overdose from pill ‘given at school’

A young boy from the US is believed to have passed away after he took a pill given to him at school suspected to have contained fentanyl.

From Colorado, Jose Hernandez, 13, was found at his home in the town of Aurora hunched over a sink.

His grandmother made the horrifying discovery on Wednesday morning – his family think he likely got the suspected pill from his classmates.

READ MORE: Bloke finds bag of cannabis in takeaway order and driver offers refund for it back

They thought it likely the pill was taken based on trust without knowing what was actually inside.

Fentanyl is a strong opioid painkiller. It is up to 100 times stronger than morphine and is being used alarmingly often in the States to cut recreational drugs.

Speaking toKCNC-TVhis uncle, Abisaid Hernandez, said: “I think it was just the crowd he decided to hang out with, and maybe them thinking it was good to tell him ‘hey maybe try this out’”.

Just two days before, the young lad had started in the eighth grade – he had been living with his grandmother and two siblings. Their mother had been deported to Mexico.

Margarita Hernandez, his gran, said: “I'm shattered, I'm hurt, I've cried like you could never imagine”.

Writing on his fundraising page she added: “Jose was an energetic 13-year-old that loved life. He was an amazing big brother to 2 younger siblings, always caring and protecting them.

  • Bloke finds bag of cannabis in takeaway order and driver offers refund for it back

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

“He loved family and always had a smile on his face.”

The money raised for the GoFundMe is going towards transportation for Mexico-based members of the family for the funeral.

The family said they were, “trying to work with the Mexican Embassy to bring Jose's mother, Damaris Hernandez, who lives in Mexico to the United States by August 26th”.

“We are devastated by Jose's passing and are struggling to find the funds to cover the funeral service cost,” added Margarita.

The US-based Center for Disease Control reported that in the last year 70,000 Americans have died from the use of fentanyl, a huge leap from the 13,000 in 2020.

READ MORE:

  • Russia and China 'prepared to go further' with AI weapons for WW3 advantage, expert says
  • Russian arms fair shows off chilling robot dog with huge RPG strapped to its back
  • Grandad's doorbell cam captures woman with legs spread outside influencer hotspot home
  • UFO expert tells how 'dark forces were at work' to sabotage Calvine investigation
  • Bloke told to 'get a divorce' after people share horror at wife's first ever fry up

Source: Read Full Article