Two men arrested over dismemberment of teen Keane Mulready-Woods

Two men have been arrested as part of the investigation into the murder of 17-year-old Keane Mulready-Woods in Drogheda.

The men were arrested on Thursday and have been detained at Drogheda and Balbriggan garda stations respectively.

The teenager was murdered and dismembered and parts of his body were dumped in different parts of Dublin on January 12.

Some of the teenager's body parts were found at two locations in Dublin.

His limbs were found in a bag in Coolock while body parts were found in a burnt-out car in Drumcondra.

Gardai believe his murder is related to the ongoing feud between two Drogheda criminal gangs.

  • Keane Mulready-Woods' torso 'sent to crime boss' after being dismembered

  • Heartbroken dog ‘looks into heaven’ after whole family killed by rugby player dad

  • Bus driver, 77, who fought off armed mugger asked attacker: 'Do you want some?'

His funeral took place in Drogheda, Co Louth, last week, one month after the boy’s death.

But his torso has still not been found – amid fears it has been sent to a crime boss.

Detectives are working on the theory he was stabbed to death and dismembered in a house in Drogheda.

His limbs were found in a sports bag on the pavement on January 13 at around 10pm in the Moatview Estate, Dublin.

  • Passenger who claimed he had 'nothing to declare' caught with £180K worth of gold

  • 'Vile' Huddersfield grooming gang who targeted girls as young as 13 jailed

And then in early house on January 14, his head, feet and hands were found in a stolen car in a lane off Clonliffe Avenue.

Keane's killing was the third in an escalating feud between two drug gangs in Drogheda.

Gardai suspect the teen's body parts may have been bound to dumped outside the home's of crime bosses who ran the gang Keane was linked to.

Cops believe the plan was abandoned when they spotted offers near the locations.

  • Obese woman weighing 23 stone killed girl, 9, by sitting on her as 'punishment'

  • Paedo who raped girl, 7, in toilet for 40 minutes moans about life prison term

Keane’s funeral was held last week at the Church of the Holy Family in Ballsgrove.

It was carried out by Father Phil Gaffney, who has been supporting the teen’s family.

Pictures showed a hearse carrying Keane's coffin with crowds following and others showed the coffin being carried out of the church.

Some mourners even turned up on motorbikes with helmets on.

Father Gaffney pleaded with the slain teen's young friends to learn from his "naive" mistakes before getting involved with dangerous criminals.

  • Acid killer who doused mum 'attacks guards in cell after being radicalised'

  • Sex guru’s ‘killer’ stalked her at porn awards days before she died in balcony plunge

Keane's death has shocked the whole of Ireland as it marks the latest escalation in a Narcos-style drug war raging between elements of the underworld around Dublin.

Reportedly he had been killed to send a message between rival gangs – with him reportedly having links to both sides.

He was due to turn 18 next month.

It is feared the killers may have photographed and videoed the boy’s body parts.

  • Student screams "fight me b***h" before tackling 5 cops in train station rampage

  • Cat called Cupid shot through head with arrow and rescued on Valentine's Day

Sources have claimed Keane had "got in way above his head" in relation to his criminal associations.

Last year, Keane was given a suspended four-month jail sentence for a terrifying campaign of intimidation and harassment against a local family .

Read More

Today's Top Stories

  • Brit couple catch coronavirus on cruise
  • Football coach raped and murdered
  • HSBC to axe 35,000 jobs
  • 'Danger to life' flood warnings

He was also known to police for minor drugs and road traffic offences.

The last known contact Keane had with family is a call to his mum at 7pm on the Sunday before he died.

  • Keane Mulready-Woods

Source: Read Full Article