Two sisters, 5 and 6, found in each other’s arms after dying in house fire

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Two young sisters were found dead in each other's arms in their bedroom following a house fire caused by a faulty fan.

The girls' mother, Lenilza Gomes Miguel da Silva Mendes, says she doesn't know how she'll "pull through" after the tragedy which claimed the lives of both her daughters.

Lorrandra, 5, and Isis, 6, were found in Lorrandra's bed following the fire that was caused by a short circuit in the fan in their bedroom.

The sisters died from smoke inhalation as they hugged during the fire at their family home in the Brazilian city of Cuiaba in the early hours of April 18.

"I'm finished," the girls' mother told RD News.

"I don't know how I'll pull through. My husband is here being strong.

"I don't know how I'm going to go on without my girls. We did everything together. We watered the plants, washed the clothes and even hung them out.

"We did everything together. But today we buried them."

Photos showed how Isis' bed was completely charred by the blaze.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

Lenilza explained how she had smelled burning and went to her daughters' room, where she came across the scene of carnage.

She told RD News: "We got them out of there, took them to the living room, and called the emergency services. I tried to wake them up, but it was hopeless."

When paramedics arrived, they could only pronounce the girls, who also suffered minor burns, dead. The fire brigade was also called to put out the remaining flames.

Cuiaba mayor Emanuel Pinheiro said: "It's a tragedy. To the parents and family, our most sincere condolences.

"We pray to God to give this family strength to overcome this painful and tragic moment."

The parents have donated their daughters' corneas.

It is unclear if the case is being investigated further.

  • Family
  • Fire

Source: Read Full Article