Diners at a restaurant witnessed the horrifying moment a worker caught ablaze while cleaning the floor.
Prajjwol "PJ" Sama Shrestha, 24, was cleaning the floor of his workplace when a spark ignited from the cleaning product being used in Sydney, Australia.
Emergency services said the cleaning agent PJ was using burst into flames when an alleged "faulty" dishwasher was turned on.
READ MORE: X Factor's Tom Mann admits he's still 'in shock' over fiancée Danielle Hampson's death
He had just taken a cocktail order a few moments before his body went up in flames, a worker who was at the restaurant told the Daily Telegraph.
Onlookers inside the On Sunset Lebanese restaurant in Parramatta, Sydney, Australia, tried to hold the man's body under sprinklers to cool him down after the tragic incident last month. Police officers and New South Wales ambulance crews arrived at around 9.50pm when he was treated.
PJ was put into an induced coma before being taken to Concord Hospital. He suffered severe burns to 30% of his body and died two weeks later.
"A flammable liquid was laid down to clean the bar and run the length of the bar so the fire explosion was around about the length of the bar, which was a significant fire," said Fire and Rescue NSW Superintendent Andrew Shurety.
New South Wales Ambulance Inspector Brian Parsell added: "This is a reminder to the public of the dangers present when working with commercial and domestic gases, we ask that you please take care around open flames and flammable liquids at all times."
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
The coroner and SafeWork New South Wales are investigating the incident, while the fire is not being treated as suspicious.
PJ, from Balkot, Nepal, was living in Sydney where he was an software engineer and web developer intern having previously studied at the Academy of Information Technology.
He also ran a blog called PJBlogger.
Couple slapped with £1,250 fine for parking on their own driveway
Drone 'flew over house to watch Meghan' with security guard 'swatting it away'
Model splashes around in tiny G-string as Fashion Nova fans joke about wedgie
Source: Read Full Article