Young woman dies during ‘challenging’ hike after taking magic mushrooms

A hiker who went missing on a trail was under the influence of psychedelic mushrooms when she died, authorities have said.

Alisonstar Molaf, 25, from New Jersey, US, was hiking with a friend when the two became separated on a trail in Gold Bar, Washington State, located within the Cascade Mountains.

“It is believed the two hikers were under the influence of mushrooms,” the local sheriff’s office told NJ Advance Media. “The death appears to be accidental.”

First responders found Molaf’s body in the Wallace River on Saturday morning (March 19), authorities said.

The other hiker was not injured. The three-hour hike Molaf and her friend embarked on is considered “moderately challenging,” according to AllTrails.

“To Our Angel, The memories You have created with Family and Friends will always be remembered and never forgotten,” a friend wrote on a fundraising site soliciting money for Molaf’s funeral expenses. “You will truly be missed and were taken far too soon from us.”

“Unfortunately, Alison passed away suddenly. To anyone willing to help and donate, we truly appreciate it. The funds will be given to her father. Arrangements haven’t been made yet so we will update as soon as possible. Thank you.”

Magic mushrooms, which contain the natural compound psilocybin, are decriminalised in Seattle.

A music producer who had been paralysed in a crash five years earlier died after eating magic mushrooms, an inquest heard in October.

  • Russian tank sent into orbit in terrifying footage of warzone bomb blast

Dan Reed passed away from magic mushroom toxicity and multi organ failure in hospital in Taunton, Somerset, in July 2020.

The inquest heard the 27-year-old had been left paralysed from the chest down in a car crash caused by a friend in 2015.

The inquest also heard Mr Reed had asked an old friend to obtain the magic mushrooms which they both ate.

Phone devices seized by police showed Snapchat images of Dan being fed the mushrooms by the friend and the inquest heard there was 'no dispute' about that as Dan was 'unable to feed himself'.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

But within 30 minutes of eating 2.5grams of the mushrooms his friend raised the alarm with Dan's grandfather Barry at their home in Burnham-On-Sea, Somerset, as he started hallucinating and slipping in and out of consciousness.

He was rushed to hospital but died the next day.

Magic mushrooms (also called shrooms or mushrooms) are a type of mushroom that contains the drugs psilocybin or psilocin. These drugs cause hallucinations.

Source: Read Full Article